This is the Live Blog of INF-VSP2448 — Automating Bare Metal to the Cloud and Beyond. You’ll find my recap of the session below.
- Alan Renouf — VMware, Inc. Senior Technical Marketing Architect
- Eric Williams — Cisco Systems, Inc. Technical Marketing Engineer
- Jake Robinson — BlueLock Solutions Architect
Alan Renouf is on the stage and talking about the history of PowerShell and PowerCLI. PowerCLI will be the basis for the automation featured in the presentation. He is discussing some basic PowerShell and PowerCLI cmdlets and how easy it is to create scripts by piping cmdlets into other cmdlets.
PowerCLI Snap-In’s available in the latest PowerCLI release include:
- Core — Managing vSphere
- Image Builder — Image Profiles
- Auto Deploy — Deploying ESXi via PXE
- License — Working with vSphere Licensing
- Cloud — vCloud Director Providers
- Tenant (new in 5.1) — vCloud Director Tenants — You can give these to your cloud tenants
PowerCLI 5.1 — What’s New?
- Linked clones
- Datastore clusters
- VCloud object relation
- Organization …